This is a picture of the Redbud Tree in my backyard. Yesterday as I was mowing my lawn, I noticed how beautiful it was. By the way, I decided to try mowing my lawn with this very interesting, old time mower deal that runs on pure muscle power ;) , and makes you sweat quite nicely. But anyways, the tree caught my attention and I count it a blessing because though it is shadowed by this huge ivy covered tree, it is still producing beautiful buds. There are many times when Satan tries to make me feel like I am in the shadow of other people but God says... No Way... you are in my shadow. When I am in God's shadow I produce beautiful buds too. There is nothing like watching new plants come to life. I am enjoying digging in the dirt so much and just helping my plants grow well. Speaking of flowers, my boss surprised us with six roses each today. He is so thoughtful. I was tempted to say how spoiled I feel here but I am blessed, truly blessed. God keeps reminding me of this...Thank you God~
lunes, abril 24, 2006
In the shadow of the Almighty
This is a picture of the Redbud Tree in my backyard. Yesterday as I was mowing my lawn, I noticed how beautiful it was. By the way, I decided to try mowing my lawn with this very interesting, old time mower deal that runs on pure muscle power ;) , and makes you sweat quite nicely. But anyways, the tree caught my attention and I count it a blessing because though it is shadowed by this huge ivy covered tree, it is still producing beautiful buds. There are many times when Satan tries to make me feel like I am in the shadow of other people but God says... No Way... you are in my shadow. When I am in God's shadow I produce beautiful buds too. There is nothing like watching new plants come to life. I am enjoying digging in the dirt so much and just helping my plants grow well. Speaking of flowers, my boss surprised us with six roses each today. He is so thoughtful. I was tempted to say how spoiled I feel here but I am blessed, truly blessed. God keeps reminding me of this...Thank you God~
Suscribirse a:
Comentarios de la entrada (Atom)
8 comentarios:
Nice object lesson--and pretty flowers! By the way, be careful of lawn mowers. They like to bite, er, burn, as I found out last week. ;-) It's getting better though. I saw a nurse yesterday and she said it looks like it's making good progress! Yaay.
here's an infrequent blogger posting a comment! Great obj. lesson. I officially nomiate you for the "John Deer commited lawn mower award" And Joelle, all I have to say to the burn "injury" is............scuse :) (by the way, how in the world can you burn yourself with a lawn mower?!)
Kyle and Joelle. Well first of all I have all the sympathy in the world for Joelle. I am sure your burn is very painful and Kyle...SCUSE! Do you have to mow your lawn?....I thought not. anyways, a happy day to you two GYC VIPs. Remember me when you both are earning the big bucks :)
As an experienced and professional photographer, I have to say that you took a Class A photo. I believe it may qualify for any photo contest....of course, a picture of Joelle's burn may just walk away, hands down, with first place.
I'll put my total lifetime mowed acreage up against you and Joelle's combined total lifetime count any day! All I have to say about Joelle's "injury" is that it's a good thing she's moving out west where there's more sand than grass! (and what grass there is, it'll be Norman's job...:)
Kyle, you are definitely funny. Very Funny! Happy non-mowing to you.
Great Picture!
Spring is so special in the sense that it shows the beauty and recreative power of God like no other. Your post reminded me of the blessings God has given us by allowing us to working in His physical creation and in the saving of souls which allows us to see His spiritual recreation.
Praise the Lord for His daily reminders.
Mel--nice site, gorgeous pic--now I know what a redbud tree is! And I liked your object lesson, too. Spring is the best time of year, isn't it--if/when you garden I'd love to see more pics.
Publicar un comentario