jueves, julio 30, 2009

The joys of life!

I must say that blogging is something that has taken the back seat but not in my mind for a second have I stopped blogging. I have so many things to say and tell but sometimes the people you want to say them to or the experiences are not ready yet. However, something neat happened last week. My parents were in town for some vacation at the beach. I'm glad I can provide such a nice place to come to ;) Anyways, the beach didn't happen because they noticed my lawn and my garage and other things that needed some TLC around my house. WHAT A HUGE BLESSING! This was so unexpected and spoke volumes of love to me. When I got home from a long day at work, my lawn was mowed, my garage was organized and there were tomato cages around my fallen tomatoes. Plus there was poison ivy spray to kill the ivy. They left a precious mark on my house that day and gave up their day at the beach for me. This is what Jesus did and still does for us. Gave up the beauties of heaven and "the beach" and came here to shuffle His way through the muck and mire of our sins. Then he left us forgiven and clean. Doesn't this make you want to keep things tiddy. It does me. I will be mowing my lawn on Fri and picking lots of weeds in my garden and hopefully killing some ivy. I choose Jesus too...in my thoughts, in my work, in my heart, in my words and actions.

One more thought. Yesterday a very interesting patient came into the office. She's the type that you never know what she's going to do next. I noticed she was carry a basket of rocks. This was a little odd so we waited to see what would happen. To our surprise she had brought them for us. She had walked along the beach looking for heart rocks. " I love heart rocks" she said and gave them to the doctor to give to the ladies that he works with. How thoughtful. So now my rock sits in my kitchen waiting to be placed in a nice spot. I thought about this and wondered to what lengths we go to love and find love. I mean, to find the way into hearts and pick them up and care for them. There are a lot of hearts being washed up on the beaches of life and going back out to sea, uncared for, lost, unloved, dying to be taken home and set up to shine. Maybe you can pick up someones heart today. Hold it and put it to rest by the loving touch of Jesus.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

That's really nice. We were truly blessed and have carried a load of joy on our hearts ever since to know that we could in such a small way lift your spirits. It was truly a love gift, one which we can repeat as needed. Love you bunches, Dad and Mom

Anónimo dijo...

BREAKING NEWS:
This just in: MARTINOLOGY IS BACK!!!!! AAAAaaaahH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!