My friend Jen lives in northern Wisconsin. These are her five beautiful horses.
My two favorite pets on Jen's farm.
Getting up close and personal with Ginger
We had so much fun on the farm
It was a nice leisurely ride. I was feeling a little amish.
Jen preparing the horse to drive
It was hard work to sit on this tractor
A very cute little orange puffIt's a real blessing to go and spend time in the country with Jen and her family. Plus, the animals are so much fun. I had the priveledge of going to a Bible study with Jen's mom. One Sabbath Sandy came to their church and asked if she could become a member. Since then she has completed two sets of Bible studies and is very eager to be baptized. God's work is so exciting.
9 comentarios:
HIGH ALERT: Martinology has posted a new post. Viewers are asked to immediately confirm by going to www.christianheidi.blogspot.com. Thank you for your urgent considersation. Good night.
Being a proud sponsor of Martinology we highly recommend you check out their site. Thanks again for viewing Mi Vida.
Melanie, you look great on that tractor and buggy!! I think you could have grown up on a farm. Sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing time. Miss you!
Ps. On my way now to martinology. Thanks for the advert.
How much fun is that! Ahhh, I miss farm life... for instance, the distinct odor of the Andrews Dairy on my way to class. Not.
Anyway. I have seen more wildlife since I have moved to Loma Linda than I ever saw in MI. I have seen (roaming these suburbs of LA):
1. Several raccoons.
2. One coyote.
3. Two oppossums.
4. Several skunks.
Okay, I will head over to Martinology now.
Au revoir!
Joelle, You are so funny. I was hoping to read that you had seen bears and cool mountain types out there. I'm sorry that Cali has those nasty oppossums and skunks. ;) Anyways, I hope you enjoy Martinology. Happy Sabbath! Oh, by the way, the dairy still smells as lovely as ever. not!
HI Staci. Thanks for the props. I wish I could have driven the tractor but I guess it acts a little crazy sometimes. Anyways, Heidi told me that your moms seminar was AWESOME at camp meeting. I wish so much that i could have blessed along with her. I hoep you enjoy a really nice Sabbath. Come and visit again soon. Love, Melanie
looks like a fun visit. SQUEE that kitten is so cute!! i may have to steal that picture.
psst joelle, if you wanted to see wildlife you should have been looking harder. i've seen foxes, opossums and a whole family of skunks. and that's just around campus! :P
Melanie!!
Great pixs! You look amazing as a farm girl :). But then again, you look amazing anytime! I am hoping to get over to Berrien in the next little while to see you! I feel like we have so much to catch up on.
Ok, with all this hype about the martinology, I am feeling deprived. I guess I am going to cave in and check it out myself.
Miss you lots!
Impressive I didn't realize you are an accomplished buggy racer! So did you gals give the Amish a run for their money? :D
Mel, it was great having you - always a treat!! I know Lily loves you to death! :) I'm looking forward to you coming out and singing with me for Women's Retreat (God willing!) this fall!...it will be Harvest time then...yippee! ~ Jen
Publicar un comentario